LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

So, I ripped my pants this morning.

Yep, as I got out of the car, I ripped my jeans. I guess today will be filled with waddling around hoping no one notices this big hole in my thigh. Granted, these pants have been on their last leg for a while, but it is always a blow to the self esteem to rip your pants. Add to that my own mother says "Well it sure does take a lot of pressure to rip jeans!" Yeah, shes real supportive. Now I have to go jeans shopping, which will also make me want to curl up in a ball and cry. Maybe I should have a drink first. Ugh.

And now, as I am whining about ripping my pants, I am really starting to feel guilty about my workouts. I have not worked out in 5 days. That is bad. I need to get back on it, I just get distracted, and make excuses. BUT, I have been under my calories every day still, so that just adds to the "well, I do not HAVE to work out today since I am under" excuse.

BUT, I made a delicious low calorie dinner last night. Well, it is supposed to be low calorie. I am still questioning it, since it was clearly too delicious to be healthy. I got the recipe from my new favorite website ever, skinnytaste.com. This girl is a genius.

Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and CheeseSkinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 314.9 • Fat: 9.8 g • Protein: 17.7 g • Carb: 44.3 g • Fiber: 6.3 g
• Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 215.7 (without salt) 

Ingredients:

  • 12 oz high fiber elbows like Ronzoni Smart Taste
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp light butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 2 cups skim milk
  • 1 cup fat free chicken broth (vegetarians use vegetable broth)
  • 8 oz (2 cups) Sargento shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 12 oz fresh broccoli florets (I used pre-cut bag)
  • 1/8 cup grated parmesan
  • 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • cooking spray

Directions:


Cook pasta and broccoli together in a large pot of salted water, according to package directions for al dente (or slightly under cook 2 minutes). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large, heavy skillet, melt butters. Add onion and cook over low heat about 2 minutes, add flour and cook another minute, or until the flour is golden and well combined. Add milk and chicken broth and whisk, raising heat to medium-high until it comes to a boil; cook about 5 minutes or until the sauce becomes smooth and thick. Season with salt and pepper.
Once the sauce is thick, remove from heat, add cheese and mix well until cheese is melted. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, add cooked macaroni and broccoli and mix well. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray on top.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, then broil for a few minutes to get the breadcrumbs golden.

Here is how ours turned out

Kind of  a crappy picture, but it was Delicious none the less, and so filling. I also tried brown rice noodles instead of the whole wheat, and they were really good! Less calories than regular noodles, but they have a good flavor. I think tonight I might try skinnytastes baked ziti and spinach, since we have the biggest bag ever of spinach that we need to use. Costco does that to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment