LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

Bring the pain

Ouch. This is my seventh day on P90X. This means (gasp, could it really be?) REST DAY!! I am beyond excited for rest day since I can hardly move my legs. We did Legs & Back workout on Saturday and the pain is fully hitting me today. I must have done a million calf raises and now I cannot even straighten my legs. This is intense, but I am so happy. I do not think I have stuck with anything (besides Matt of course) for 7 days. I am very proud of both of us.

Friday was Yoga. Man was that hard. I felt like a whale flopping around on the floor and if I ever hear the work downward dog again I might scream. I have so much respect for yoga-ers since this whole workout was pretty much impossible for me. As time goes on, hopefully I can do better.

Saturday was Legs & Back FROM HELL. Actually, during the workout, it was so much fun. I felt great. Mr.Man was saying "okay you do not have to grab weights here if you are just starting" and of course I thought, HA I have been doing this for 5 days now TYVM, I will be grabbing weights! Bad idea. I am in a lot of pain still from this. I can walk if I hunch over and bend my legs and look like smeagol. Smeagols cute right?

Yesterday was Kenpo. This one might be my favorite work out. It is hard, and really gets your heart pumping and ass sweating. Yes, my ASS was literally sweating. Everything was sweating. I could hardly breathe. But it was fun. There is a ton of kicking, punching, grunting, and moving. It made me feel strong and like I could kick someones ass 'til Tuesday.

So, one week down, 12 more to go. Honestly, that sounds awful. TWELVE more weeks. But I am hoping to get in a routine where it is just natural to come home and work out, rather than come home, plop my big butt on the couch and plop a bag of chips in my mouth. We went grocery shopping last night and bought mostly all healthy food. I really wanted oreos but after checking the labels, I do not think I can spare 70 calories for ONE oreo. Yes, each oreo is 70 calories. I used to be able to eat 10 oreos in one sitting, 700 CALORIES IN OREOS?? No wonder I am fat. But, now is not the time to dwell on the past, just to look forward to what is coming now. I sense good things coming for Matt and I, whether it is weight loss or just a healthier life, only good can come from this and I have to remember that.

"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, and hour, a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever."
-Lance Armstrong

No comments:

Post a Comment