LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Indiscretions.

The weekend is my enemy. Summer weekends is when people want to have BBQs, go out for drinks, or have a potluck. I cannot say I did well, but I will also say I did better than I usually would have done.

I am still trucking along as best I can. I missed one day and I am going to do everything in my power to make it up tonight. I hate that I let myself miss a day but I love that I feel guilty about it. That is definitely growth in my book.

I think I might try this for dinner tonight. Looks good, easy, and have all of the supplies at my house.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/easiest-pasta-and-broccoli-recipe.html#more
(my new favorite website by the way)

Easiest Pasta and Broccoli RecipeGina's Weight Watcher RecipesServings: 6 • Size: 1 1/2 cups • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 8 pts
Calories: 289.2 • Fat: 7.1 g • Carbs: 48 g • Fiber: 4.9 g • Protein: 11.7 g • Sugar: 1.0
Sodium: 103.7 (without salt)

Ingredients:
  • 12 oz uncooked pasta
  • 6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets, no stems
  • 5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
  • 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
  • salt and fresh cracked pepper

Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente. When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli
Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.

Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up
Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed


Tonight is chest and back again. I cannot believe this is week 3! This is most definitely the longest I have ever stuck with anything. I even want to buy a heart rate moniter now so I can track my calories and stuff. I downloaded myfitnesspal for my phone so I can get a handle on my diet as well. I love this new life, it is uplifting to actually care about my body for a change, rather than just eat myself into a stupor and complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment