LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

MMMMMM

MMMM last night H said I made the best dinner ever. I have to agree. And it was really really healthy.

Our favorite place is benihana, but it does not always agree with our wallets or our waistlines, so we hardly ever get it. About a year ago, I tried to recreate their magical yummy mustard sauce since it is so so yummy and actually makes me want to eat chicken instead of just tolerating chicken. Some trials have gone well, some not so well, but last night it was amazing. So we had chicken breast, zucchini, and white onions, with mustard sauce for dinner. It was amazing and tasted just like we were at benihana. I was so proud of myself and H could not stop telling me how good it was. I wish I would have taken a picture of all this gloriousness, but I was too hungry to stop for a second. It looked similar to this, without the beef, but it looked EXACTLY like benihana, we were both so amazed.


Basically, I just cubed the chicken, and cooked it in a pan with a little garlic, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, and a little bit of butter. With the veggies, I did the same. I cooked the chicken for about 15-20 minutes and the veggies about 10-15 minutes. Here is the recipe for the sauce I made. http://www.food.com/recipe/Benihana-Magic-Mustard-Sauce-25351

You basically throw everything except the cream in the blender and blend it well. Then stir in the cream and serve. 

 I think I used a little less dry mustard since that stuff is really pungent, but it came out great.

On another note, weekends are so hard for me to work out! We did about a half hour of yoga since that was all we could take on Saturday. How sad is it that we are so out of shape we cannot do yoga? Pretty sad. That stuff is so hard. But we were only able to do like 10 minutes of it before, so we are happy. Also Sunday was such a lazy day, I could only drag myself off of the couch for 15 minutes of the workout. How lazy of me! But, I kept in my calories so I guess that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment