LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bloggy Dinner

So Matt had a great idea, he said that I should share my wonderful cooking with the interwebs world. So I will try. This first day is not my best effort, but its easy and quick and delicious. 2 cups of rice filled with eggs and veggies and you will be stuffed and clock in at just under 500 calories. Not bad for dinner I say.

I got this idea from the many times we go to Benihana, and wanted to recreate it at home for much less money and calories.

Shan Fried Rice
1 3/4 cups cooked calrose rice
1/4 Cup onion, diced
1/4 cup carrot- grated
1/8 cup green onion
1 Tbsp garlic
1 large egg
1 Tbsp butter
Soy sauce to taste

Melt butter in large pan. Add veggies and cook for a couple minutes. Add egg and scramble. Throw in rice, combine well, and add as much soy sauce as you prefer. I like to let it cook for a minute or two to get it nice and brown. That's it! Easy peasy.

My husband usually adds the frozen vegetable mix, but I like to keep mine simple. We have also been known to add chicken or shrimp in it as well.

Here is how it turns out:

Definitely not the prettiest dish on the planet, but man its good.


Not sure what is on the menu tonight, hopefully something blog- worthy. I am thinking homemade calzones.. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment